Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gator Country - Beaumont, TX

Our latest family adventure took us to Gator Country in Beaumont, TX.  Gator Country is an alligator wildlife park that focuses on rescue and conservation.  You may have seen them on CMT's Gator 911, A&E, Animal Planet, and/or Bravo.



The photo shown above is of Zach kissing Big Al.  (No offense Zach but I can't help thinking you and the crew must be a bit on the crazy side to get in a lake with an alligator let alone kiss one.)  Big Al is a big deal measuring in at over 13 feel in length and is about 80 years old. 

We enjoyed a very informative show about alligators, crocodiles, and snakes.  It was amazing to be able to see these animals up close.  Holding the alligator and snake was a fun experience.  My kiddos were enjoying it so much they asked if they could swim with the alligators.  The sun must have been effecting my judgement because I said yes.  I sent my dear son and daughter to swim with alligators for only $5.00 each.  GULP!  Before you judge me too much the mouths of the alligators were tapped shut and a professional was in there the entire time.  LOL.  Check out this video of my son, Austin, pinning an alligator.  If you are having trouble viewing the video click here to go to the YouTube link.

 



Thanks again to Zach and the crew at Gator Country in Beaumont, TX.  Visit them online by clicking here. 

Would you swim with an alligator if you had the opportunity?

No comments:

Post a Comment